Sunday, October 12, 2008

White Boy Chili



This is one of my favorite recipes for fall and winter- plus you can make it low-fat

3-4 chicken breasts cubed
1 med. Onion, diced
1 ½ t. garlic powder
2 T. butter
3 cans Great Northern White beans-rinsed and drained
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chili’s
1 t. salt
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
¼ t. cayenne pepper
½ t. black pepper
1 c. sour cream (I use low fat or fat free)
½ c. whipping cream (I have used low fat half and half before but it better with whipping cream)

Directions: Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, and butter together until chicken is cooked through.
Add beans, broth, chilis, and spices- bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for ½ hour….. I put it in my crock-pot for up to 2 hrs
Just before serving add sour cream and whipping cream.

No comments: