Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PB Rice Krispy Treats


I just posted this on my blog today but this is a simple recipe just a different twist on Rice Krispy Treats. Oh & hey it's my FIRST recipe post! Woo-hoo even though I have a lot more I just always forget to add them here.
Anyways enjoy!

PB Rice Krispies {recipe taken from my MIL}

1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup PB (peanut butter, duh!)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
chocolate chips of choice (optional)

Put Karo Syrup & sugar in saucepan & heat at med-low heat. You DO NOT want it to boil! The sugar just needs to dissolve. When sugar is dissolved take off of heat & add the PB & mix well till all melted together & pour over Rice Krispies cereal & mix all up & then press into 9x13 pan.

Optional:
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top & to help with the melting you can place under the broiler BUT BE SUPER CAREFUL!!! You DO NOT want burnt chocolate taste. You just want to help the chips melt a tiny bit so you can spread it easier.

1 comment:

Babbel Family said...

Just made these and YUMMY! They were so fast and so easy!