Thursday, March 12, 2009

Banana Cookies

These are YUMMY cookies. They are almost like the texture of pumpkin cookies. It makes about 30 cookies so it is not a ton but enough.

1/2 C shortening
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 C mashed bananas
2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mix first 4 ingredients together, then add rest and mix. Use a cookie scoop to drop on sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Banana Cookie Frosting
1/3 cup butter, browned (In a deep bowl with wax paper over it, cook in microwave for 3 minutes. Then add 1 minute at a time until brown.
3 C powder sugar
3-4 T milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix and spread over cookies while frosting is still warm

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am a total blogger stalker on your recipe blog ( not TOTAL stalker--I am a friend of Suzanne:) anyway, I love all your recipes, so thanks for all the great recipes and ideas. I am excited to make these banana cookies!!

I was raised in a barn said...

hey I made these tonight!! So yummy!!

Sarah Plewe said...

I came across this recipe and want you to know WE LOVE THESE COOKIES. I have made them tons in the last few months. I have shared them and anyone i have given them to ask for the recipe! Thanks for sharing.