Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lisa's spaghetti sauce

I kept waiting for Lisa to add this but figured I would do it for her! This is a staple at our house and is one of the few recipes all of my kids will eat and LOVE. It is so fast and easy and makes enough for 2 meals for our family. So I put the left over sauce in the freezer for the next week.
30 oz. tomato sauce
1 lb. hamburger
1/2 T oregano
a little less than 1/2 T of Italian seasoning
*1 Lawry's spaghetti seasoning packet
Directions: Brown your hamburger with a little minced onion and 1/4 packet of Lawry's. In another pot pour the sauce (swish a little water in the cans as well), oregano, Italian seasoning and rest of Lawry's packet. When hamburger is cooked add it to the other mixture. Let simmer for 3 hours.
*You really need Lawry's, others are not nearly as good. They don't sell it at Walmart, but other stores do carry it.

1 comment:

lisa lamb said...

Thanks for posting it sarah - I just assumed any who wanted it would already have the recipe! You amaze me - it takes me 3 mos. to get in a shower.....